Community Events 2013
As part of our mission to promote wellness for the greater McHenry County area, Centegra Health System planned, supported or participated in more than 320 events throughout the community in fiscal year 2013. Here are just a few examples:
- Free blood pressure and diabetes screenings once every month during food distributions
- Kiwanis Santa Run for Kids – December 2012
- Chamber Memberships – 2013
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Partnership – 2013
- Corporate Sponsorship Hospice of Northeastern IL – 2013
- Raue Center for the Arts Corporate Sponsorship – 2013
- Corporate Sponsorship Pioneer Center – 2013
- Health, Fitness & Nutrition Expo – January 2013
- Centegra Weigh Less, Live More Expo – January 2013
- 8 Community Expos – January through May 2013
- Centegra Health Strong Woman Event – February 2013
- 4 Community Parades – 2013
- United Way Human Race – April 2013
- Healthy Kids Day Sage YMCA – April 2013
- Bob Blazier Run for the Arts – May 2013
- March of Dimes March for Babies – May 2013
- Sun City Feeling Great is Ageless Health Fair – May 2013
- Girls on the Run – May 2013
- American Cancer Society Relays for Life – June 2013
- Wheeler’s Children’s Health and Safety Fair – June 2013
- McHenry County Children’s Health & Safety Fair – July 2013
- Hearthstone Centegra Senior Fair – August 2013
- Taste of Home – September 2013
- Huntley Fall Fest – September 2013
- Family Health Partnership Care 4 Breast Cancer Walk – October 2013
- Algonquin/LITH Fall Expo – October 2013
Community Events – Highlights
- Supported or sponsored more than 326 community events in FY13. These events touched more than 241,194 individuals.
- Conducted the Weigh Less, Live More Expo providing more than 577 free screenings and introducing the new Centegra Weight-Loss Institute.
- Sold out Centegra Health Strong Woman Event, conducting 1,495 screenings and providing a Lunch and Learn segment that introduced 26 providers to more than 500 attendees.
- Planned the Hearthstone Senior Fair and conducted free screenings for 222 attendees.
- Partnered with the Sun City Ageless Fair and conducted 615 free screenings.
- Conducted the eighth Annual Health Care Career Fair at the Woodstock North High School. The fair featured a variety of clinical health care careers and encouraged McHenry County’s eighth-grade students to experience a hands-on, simulated environment while teaching them about all aspects of health care careers. This event has attracted more than 9,400 participants over the last several years.
- Our Associates and physicians volunteer more than 75,000 hours of their time to the community each year.
- Baseline concussion screenings were provided to youth sporting groups and local high schools, with more than 2,200 baselines performed. With the high demand of post-injury screenings that came in following the baselines, the Centegra Concussion Clinic launched in June 2013 for post injury in conjunction with neuro-rehabilitation.
- Del Webb launched well checks to be hosted on-site for all Del Webb residents.
- The wellness department hosted the second Break Your Boundaries (BYB) weight-loss program to almost 800 participants. Competitors lost a total of 4,032 pounds, 3,189 inches in an eight-week program designed to address healthier lifestyles through exercise, healthy eating and behavior change.
- In January 2013, 1,612 Centegra Associates and just more than 100 spouses completed their Heath Risk Assessment (HRA) screenings, the highest participation rates ever.
Accreditation and Quality Recognition
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center was named to the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Centegra earned the United Healthcare Premium Designation Interventional Cardiac Care and Rhythm Management for interventional cardiac services.
- Centegra was a recipient of the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR) ACTION Registry – Get With the Guidelines (GWTG) Silver Performance Achievement Award for acute coronary syndrome patients.
- Centegra was a recipient of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award.
- Centegra was recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois as one of the first hospitals in the nation to receive a Blue Distinction Center+ designation in the area of cardiac care.
- Centegra successfully completed the Laboratory College of American Pathologist standards.
- Centegra implemented the McKesson Paragon Hospital Information System for Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and achieved Healthcare Information Management and System Society (HIMSS) EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM) Stage 5 Level. This implementation replaced both our clinical and financial systems and included additional workstation and thin station rollouts, mobile clinical computing, remote access improvements and monitor integration.
- Centegra Health System’s application for Magnet designation was accepted and the document was submitted to the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) April 1. The document was approved and three ANCC appraisers scheduled a three-day on-site visit. This visit was the final phase of Centegra’s Journey to Magnet Excellence, which began more than three years ago. Fewer than 400 hospitals in the world have this distinct designation, which recognizes quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
System Awards and Recognition
- Centegra Physician Care was named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2012 list. The Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work designation has been recognizing outstanding places of employment in the health care industry including health care providers, suppliers and payers since 2008. Centegra Physician Care was named 74th in the Top 100.
- Again this year, McHenry County residents voted Centegra Health System and Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers as their choice for health and wellness. In June 2013, a special section honoring the community’s choices for the “Best of Fox 2013 awards” was published in the Northwest Herald. Best Hospital category was eliminated. Below are the categories in which Centegra achieved awards:
- Best Health Club
- Best Home Healthcare Provider
- Best Personal Trainer
- Best Pilates
- Best Family Physician Office
- Best Pediatrician Office
- One of the Best Medical Clinics
- One of the Best Women’s Health Care Centers
- One of the Best Yoga
- One of the Best Swim Lessons
Consolidated Expenses Chart
- Purchased Services and Other–21%
- Supplies and Drugs–14%
- Capital Costs–5%
- Repairs and Maintenance–2%
- TOTAL 100%